All links to external websites will open a new window.
- Commentaries on Larkin Poems
By poet David Wheldon.
'Ambulances', 'The Explosion' and 'Wedding Wind'
A N Wilson reflects in the Daily Telegraph on the poem that Maeve Brennan could not bear to read complete, and compares it with Horace and Keats. Interesting - but in the end the critic blinks first..
- Global Larkin
- Larkin Web Sites
- all night north
- The website of the project to produce a CD of new musical settings of Larkin's poetry by some of the best songwriters in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
- with audio of Larkin reading from the 1959 LP recording of The Less Deceived.
- The Four Aways
- Experience and Expectation in the Poetry of Philip Larkin. Another site dedicated to Larkin.
Official website for the Larkin 25 commemoration activities.
- Press Articles
Dead poet's Society
Alan Plater discusses the appeal of Larkin to playrights. (The Guardian - November 27, 2003)
How the young Philip Larkin courted Trouble at Willow Gables
Emma Hartley and Vanessa Thorpe. (The Observer - April 22, 2001)
by Rachel Cooke. (The Guardian - April 24, 2001)
Life limited by love - Larkin with Women
by Michael Billington. A review of the Ben Brown play Larkin with Women. (The Guardian - November 13, 1999)
Revealed: Larkin the Tender Lover
by John Ezard. (The Guardian - October 15, 1999)
Twice Collected: the well-cared-for Poems of Philip Larkin
by John Updike, reviewing the 2004 US Edition of Larkin's Collected Poems. (The New Yorker - July 26, 2004)
Homage to Philip Larkin
by John Banville, (The New York Review of Books - Volume 53, Number 3. February 23, 2006)
- Student Resources
- Trails and Visitor attractions
- TV & Radio Programmes